Daily Thought For March 5, 2022

 We Matter To God

  God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM” He said further, “Thus you shall say to the Israelites, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also said to Moses …

“This is my name forever, and this my title for all generations.”Exodus 3:14, 15

God is always present to what we are experiencing—not distant, aloof, or impotent, but close and powerful. We really matter to God because we belong to him.

God is concerned about our safety and our future, so much so that God is completely invested, so to speak, in the reality of his people. God delivered the Israelites from Egypt, walked with them through the desert, gave them a land, made of them a nation, and purified them when their hearts were lured by idols and seduced by the wealth of other nations. God was right in their midst, present to the reality of the Israelites, as he took their destiny into his own hands and delivered them again and again from oppression.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for being in my daily life.

Kathryn J. Hermes, Minute Meditations for Lent, ed. Christine S. Setticase (Boston, MA: Pauline Books & Media, 2009), 7.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016