Daily Thought For May 27, 2014

The Future


FORGET THE FORMER THINGS; DO NOT DWELL ON THE PAST. See, I am doing a new thing! I am a God of surprises―infinitely more creative than you can imagine. The universe displays some of My creativity, but there is more-much more. I am making a new heaven and a new earth. Moreover, I am preparing My people―all around the world-to live there with Me in endless ecstasy. Let this eternal perspective strengthen and encourage you. 

As you journey along your life-path with Me, refuse to let the past define you or your expectations of what lies ahead. You may feel as if the road you are on is tiresome or even a dead end. That is because you're projecting the past into the future. The roadblock you are straining to see up ahead is really just an illusion. The future is in My hands, and I can do surprising things with it! 

Your gravest danger is giving up: ceasing to believe I can still do wondrous new things in you and your world. Your assignment is to keep moving forward in trusting dependence on Me. Stop focusing on obstacles you might encounter, and concentrate on staying in touch with Me. As you continue taking steps of trust,  expect the path before you to open up in refreshing newness. I am making a way in the desert and streams  in the wasteland. 

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.  ―ISAIAH 43:18-19 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine . . . ― EPHESIANS 3:20 

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 
―REVELATION 21:1 

Show me Your ways, 0 LORD; teach me Your paths. ―PSALM 25:4 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016