Daily Thought For May 5, 2014

Worry

THE ULTIMATE PROTECTION AGAINST SINKING DURING LIFE'S STORMS IS DEVELOPING YOUR FRIENDSHIP WITH ME. You waste a lot of time, however, worrying about storms you can see forming along the horizon of your life. In the past many of the storms you had anticipated veered off in another direction, never reaching you. Although some of them did actually hit, usually they had lost much of their power by the time they got to you. I urge you to switch your focus from difficulties that may come your way to My Presence, which is always with you. 

You will never find security by trying to anticipate all the storms that may reach you someday. Remember that I control the atmosphere of your life. Trust Me by relaxing and releasing your concerns into My capable care. It saddens Me to see you obsessing about possible problems rather than bringing these matters to Me. When you find yourself anxiously scanning the horizon of your life, use that as a reminder to seek My Face. You will not find Me off in the distance. I am here beside you, nearer than you dare believe. 

Instead of wasting time worrying, devote that time to building close friendship with Me. Talk with Me about everything that concerns you-your pleasures as well as your problems. I am interested in everything that matters to you because I am your perpetual Lover. Remember that I am holding you by your right hand. I guide you with My own counsel, based on eternal wisdom; so there's no need to worry about the future. When the time comes, I will personally take you into Glory. For now just live near Me. My friendship is your best refuge in the storms of life. 

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. ―1 CHRONICLES 16:11 

I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. ― JEREMIAH 31:3 

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory .... But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. ―PSALM 73:23-24, 28 

from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp. 272-273

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022