Daily Thought For April 27, 2022

 For God So Loved The World

Many souls cannot believe that they are so loved by God. They think they are unworthy of his divine love because they are so poor. They do not consider that God in his goodness loves and does good to all without distinction and without seeing whether they merit it. If he were to look at this, few or none would find him. I wish that all could see what my eyes see. Then I am sure that no one would ever be disheartened or would doubt the love of God.


Let us never be guilty of this great ingratitude. Ask him for greater love and fidelity, because you have great need of it in order to correspond to the great love that God has for you, [which is] more than sufficient for us to become saints.


The greatest and most delicate secrets of divine love are those which the Lord works in the interior of souls, those whom he enables to understand these mysteries. In his goodness he does this with us. All good is from God, and it comes only from God. His also is the light by which we recognize it and receive it….


The Lord does not let me be preoccupied even with my miseries and imperfections. In spite of all this, I feel that Jesus loves me, that he loves me very much and is pleased with my poor love. Some days ago I was painting some flowers and he looked at me, asked for my love, and seemed to say to me: “I am the most beautiful flower, look at me.” And he took possession of my heart, my mind, my will, and said to me: “I am the Master of your entire being.” And he made me experience it. Then the mysteries of love begin. Jesus lives in me—in me, with all my defects.


I must end now because my work awaits me. I shall leave for another time the other things I wanted to tell you. In heaven, I shall tell you everything. Now do with me as King Nebuchadnezzar did with the three children. Cast me into the furnace of divine love so that in the midst of the flames I can intone the most perfect praise to God.


Venerable Mary Magdalen of Jesus in the Eucharist, c.p.


Mother Mary Magdalen († 1960) was a Passionist nun from Spain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016