Daily Thought for April 2, 2022

 Comforting Words from In Sine Jesu

Here I asked Our Lord about my daily routine. So often I am tired and need to rest. I feel guilty about not being able to keep up what I would see as a more normal daily round of prayer and activities. Sometimes I cannot say all of the Office. This weighs on me. So I asked Our Lord what I should be doing. 

For now, your daily routine is what you can do. I will help you and My Mother will help you, gently and little by little, to make the changes that are necessary. Do not give in to the feelings of guilt that assail you because you are not living up to the ideal you have set for yourself. I do not ask you to be faithful to an ideal. I ask you only to be My friend and to live at every moment in the grace of My divine friendship. All the rest follows. Perfection is the fruit of friendship with Me, not a precondition for it. You, and many souls like you, are confused about this. My friendship is not earned, it is not something acquired by measuring up to the standards of perfection that you have set for yourself. My friendship is pure gift.1 It is the gift of My Sacred Heart and I offer it freely. So few souls understand this. You are sanctified by living in My friendship. All the rest is secondary. Love Me and believe in My unconditional love for you. Trust Me. Show Me that you have confidence in My merciful goodness, especially when you experience weakness, or shame, or fear, and I will renew the grace of My love in your heart. I will uphold you with the gift of My unfailing presence. I am the Friend who will never forsake you. Let that be enough for you. Then I offered a number of souls to His open Heart. I bless them all and My Immaculate Mother blesses them. We give to each one according to his desire and his readiness to receive the graces made ready for him in our Sacred Hearts.2 Thursday, January 24, 2008

Saint Francis de Sales

Monk, A Benedictine. In Sinu Jesu: When Heart Speaks to Heart--The Journal of a Priest at Prayer (pp. 29-30). Angelico Press. Kindle Edition. 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016