Daily Thought For December 16, 2021

 Casting Our Cares

When you intercede for another, do so with a boundless confidence in My love for that soul. At the same time, relinquish every desire to see the outcome of your intercession as you would imagine or desire it to be. Allow Me to receive your prayer and to respond to it in ways corresponding to My infinite wisdom, to My love, and to My perfect will for the person you bring before My Eucharistic Face.

Do not come to Me with solutions; come to Me only with your problems, and allow Me to provide the solutions. I have no need of your solutions, but when you bring Me problems, sufferings, questions, and needs, I am glorified by your confidence in My merciful love. 

Bring Me your questions, your problems, and your fears, and I will attend to them; for Me darkness itself is not dark and night shines as the day. There is no situation and no suffering so heavy that I cannot make it light to bear, and even, if such be My will, remove it altogether from those who are crushed beneath its weight.

Pray to Me with confidence and with abandonment, and not with a secret desire to force My hand and to obtain from Me only what you have in view. 

Ask and you shall receive. Only ask with a trusting faith, believing that whatever I will give is best for you and most glorious for Me and for My Father. Seek and you shall find. Yes, seek, but allow Me to guide you to the object of your seeking. Seek My Face, and all the rest will be given you besides.

There are souls so attached to what they think I should give them in answer to their prayers, that when I give them what is best for them, and most glorious for Me and for My Father, they fail to see it. This is because they do not intercede or ask in the Holy Spirit. Instead, they pray out of the obscurity, blindness, and narrowness of their own perceptions, limiting what I can do for them, and using their prayer as an attempt to control My loving omnipotence. 

When you ask, do so with a complete abandonment to My wisdom, My love, and My perfect will. Pray in this way, and you will begin to see wonders surpassing all that you can imagine. 

How unfortunate are those who come to Me proposing their own solutions, when all they need to do is to bring Me their problems, their needs, and their requests. When you intercede for one who is ailing, it is enough for you to say to Me: “Lord, the one whom Thou lovest is sick.” Leave all the rest to My most loving Heart. If you ask for a cure or healing, do so with such confidence in My love that your faith is ready to embrace My response to your prayer in whatever form it takes. 

If I am teaching you how to intercede before My Eucharistic Face, and how to present souls to My Eucharistic Heart, it is because I want you to intercede much, to ask boldly, and to obtain great things from My omnipotent love. If you are praying well, that is, praying as I teach you how to pray, then act boldly and confidently, for I am with you and I will not forsake you, and My blessing will rest upon all that you do with a pure heart for My glory and the glory of My Father.

Monk, A Benedictine. In Sinu Jesu: When Heart Speaks to Heart--The Journal of a Priest at Prayer (pp. 182-183). Angelico Press. Kindle Edition. 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016