Daily Thought For March 28, 2018

With A Strong Faith Even Difficult Events Can Benefit Us 
 
 
The fundamental problem is that we employ too much of our own criteria as to what is and what is not good and we don't have enough confidence in the Wisdom and Power of God. We don't believe that He is capable of utilizing everything for our good and that never, under any circumstance, would He leave us lacking in the essentials - that is to say, lacking anything that would permit us to love more. Because, to grow or to enrich one's spiritual life is to learn to love. Many of the circumstances that I consider damaging could, in fact, be for me, if I had more faith, precious opportunities to love more: to be more patient, more humble, more gentle, more merciful and to abandon myself more in to the hands of God. 
     
Let us then be convinced of this and it will be for us a source of immense strength: God may allow me to occasionally lack money, health, abilities and virtues, but He will never leave me in want of Himself, of His assistance and His mercy or of anything that would allow me to grow unceasingly ever closer to Him, to love Him more intensely, to better love my neighbor and to achieve holiness. 
 
from Searching For And Maintaining Peace — A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart by Fr. Jacques Philippe pp. 44-45

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016