Daily Thought For May 9, 2014

Overcoming The Bondage of Fear

FEARFULNESS IS A FORM OF BONDAGE. I died on the cross for you so that you would not be a slave to fear. When I see My children continuing to live in bondage to fear, I am grieved. My sacrifice was not only to provide forgiveness of sins but also to open the way to My Father's heart. Now that you trust Me as Savior, you are the recipient of perfect Love-My Love, Abba's Love. This perfect Love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment (and there is no punishment for My followers). 

People are born into the world in spiritual bondage, including bondage to fear. Because you inhabit both a fallen world and a fallen body, it isn't easy to break free from fearfulness. However, the Spirit of adoption can help you in this struggle, enabling you to see yourself as you truly are: a much-loved child of God! The Spirit frees you to cry out, "Abba, Father," believing you are His precious, adopted child. In the presence of a loving, strong father even the most frightened child eventually calms down. You have a perfectly loving, infinitely strong Father, so bring your fears freely to Him. Let Him hold you close to His Abba - heart, where you know you are safe. Open your heart to receive vast quantities of His Love. The more of this Love you hold in your heart, the less room there is for fear. Receive Our Love in full measure! 

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." ROMANS 8:15 

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 JOHN 4:18 

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 CORINTHIANS 3:17 

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. 
Now remain in my love." JOHN 15:9 


from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp.28-29

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022