Daily Thought For May 8, 2014

Trust In God

Isaiah 30:15: " ... In quietness and in trust shall be your strength."

But how do I know ― if I trust in God  that he won't let me fall? Everyone else I've ever trusted has let me down. 

Padre Pio's assurance: "Fortify yourself with prayer, humility, and unlimited trust in divine help. Abandon yourself as a beloved child of the heavenly Father in his most loving arms, and do not fear the war waged against you by Satan. He is powerless against the soul that places all its trust I in God alone. He [Satan] will wage war, in so far as he is permitted to do so from above, and God will never permit you to be tempted beyond your strength.

"Once again, then, I urge you to have ever-greater confidence in God, for it is written that those who trust in him will never be forsaken." 

"But be quite sure that it is Jesus who loves you. Abandon yourself to his holy actions, and do not fear because Jesus is with you and is pleased with you. Arm yourself with the beautiful trust in the Lord, and take heed of the assurances in which God gives you through me." 

Lord, help me to ignore the enemy when he pounds on the door of my heart. Keep me always trusting in you and believing your promises. Amen. 


from Padre Pio's Words of Hope edited by Eileen Dunn Bertanzetti p.171

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022