Daily Thought For May 23, 2018

Serving As Jesus Served
 
As we seek to imitate the Lord we Christians should be ready to give cheerful service to God and other people without expecting anything in return. We should serve even those who do not appreciate our help. Many will not understand our cheerful attitude of self-denial. We should be content in the knowledge that Christ knows full well the efforts we are making on his behalf. The pride of a Christian is precisely in this dimension: to serve as the Master served. Yet we learn how to serve only when we are close to Jesus. 
 
from In Conversation with God by Francis Fernandez Volume 5 p.271
 
Prayer For Renewed Faith In Jesus Christ
 
     Lord Jesus come into my heart. I desire that You be the Lord of my life so that I may be a Child of the light to know you as my personal Savior – for I know and believe that You died on the cross for my sins. You rose again from the dead on the third day and You are coming again glory.
     I believe in your forgiveness and I desire that You help me to refrain from any temptations that would keep me separated from Your everlasting love.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016