Daily Thought For March 1, 2020

Thinking Of This As I Prepare For Mass

Any kind of difficult situation is a trial of faith. I may feel alone and helpless in the face of such trials. Yet the truth is really quite different, paradoxically different. In these highly difficult moments, God is actually closest to me. In times of huge sexual temptations, Christ says to Saint Catherine of Siena: ‘I have never been so close to you as in this moment.’ In such moments, God is simply just waiting for me. He is waiting for me to discover the value and treasure of the Eucharist. In every temptation, crisis, fear, or moment of despair, he wants to embrace and transform me by this redeeming sacrament.

Fr. Tadeusz Dajczer, The Mystery of Faith: Meditations on the Eucharist

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016