Daily Thought For September 1, 2018

Caravaggio's "The Incredulity of St. Thomas"

I just completed a retreat for priests called "Healing The Whole Person" with Dr. Bob Schuchts from the John Paul II Healing Center. I can't even put into words how powerful the teachings and prayer experiences were. It was incredible! 

We began the retreat by meditating upon the painting below, Caravaggio's "The Incredulity of St. Thomas". What I enjoyed most about the image was Jesus pulling Thomas' hand towards Him. I saw this as His desire to do anything to help Thomas overcome doubt. God doesn't want us condemning ourselves when we have doubts but to simply ask for more faith. I did that a lot during the retreat!

What stands out for you as you reflect on the painting?


Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022