Daily Thought For January 10, 2018

Don't Delay! Peace Is Waiting For You Today!

  God does not lay a great burden on us ― a little thinking of him, a little adoration, sometimes to pray for grace, sometimes to offer him your sorrows, sometimes to thank him for the good things he does. Lift up your heart to him even at meals and when you 
are in company. The least little remembrance will always be acceptable to him. You don't have to be loud. He is nearer to us than you think. 
     You don't have to be in church all the time in order to be with God. We can make a chapel in our heart, where we can withdraw from time to time and converse with him in meekness, humility, and love. Everyone has the capacity for such intimate conversation with God, some more, some less. He knows what we can do. Get started. Maybe he is just waiting for one strong resolution on your part. Have courage. 
     I don't know what is to become of me. Peace of soul descends on me even in my sleep. I can't imagine what God has in mind for me, or for what purpose he keeps me. I am in such a profound calm that I fear nothing. What can frighten me when I am with God? I try to stay with him, in his presence, as much as possible. 

Brother Lawrence: The Practice of the Presence of God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016