Daily Thought For November 7, 2015

Trust

HAVE NO FEAR OF BAD NEWS. I want your heart to be steadfast, trusting in Me-in My unfailing Love. Remember that My Love for you is independent of your performance. So, when you become anxious or fearful, I do not love you less. Having a steadfast heart is an excellent goal, and you are making some progress in this quest. I am like a proud parent watching his baby learn to walk, eager to see you take each step of trust-however small. No matter how unsteadily you walk, I applaud each trust-step as if it were an Olympic feat. When you stumble or fall, I give you time to pull yourself back up. However, if you lift your arms to Me, seeking My help, I cannot resist coming to your aid. 

Looking to Me for help demonstrates genuine trust in Me. It is easy to turn against yourself when you have failed, but this is not pleasing to Me. Some of My children blame others-or Me-for their failures. All of these responses are hurtful and counterproductive. The sooner you turn toward Me, the better. My tender Love can soothe your wounded pride and help you learn from your mistakes. As you sit in ashes of failure, looking up to Me, you grow more humble. You realize that you need Me continually to develop a steadfast heart. In My unfailing Love I will lead you. In My strength I will guide you-all the way to My holy dwelling. 

He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. PSALM 112:7 


Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.  PSALM 143:8 

To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness ... that He may be glorified.  ISAIAH 61:3

In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.  EXODUS 15:13 

from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young p.184-185


Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016