Daily Thought For November 19, 2015

Total Freedom

COME TO ME WHEN YOU ARE HURTING, AND I WILL SHARE YOUR PAIN. Come to Me when you are joyful, and I will share your Joy—multiplying it many times over. 

I invite you to come to Me just as you are-no matter what condition you're in. You don't have to clean up your act first, since I already know the worst about you. When you're hurting, you want to be with someone who understands you without condemning you. When you're happy, you delight in being with someone who loves you enough to celebrate with you. I understand you compassionately and love you exuberantly, so bring more and more of yourself to Me. 

Most people are selective about which parts of themselves they share with Me. Some hesitate to bring Me the traits they consider shameful. Others are so used to living with painful feelings—loneliness, fear, guilt-that it never occurs to them to ask for help in dealing with these things. Still others get so preoccupied with their struggles that they forget I'm even here. 

There are hurting parts of you that I desire to heal. However, some of them have been with you so long that you consider them part of your identity. You carry them with you wherever you go, with little awareness. On occasions when you have brought some damaged portion of yourself to Me, I have helped you walk in newfound freedom. However, you are so addicted to certain painful patterns that you cannot easily break free from them. Only repeatedly exposing them to My healing Presence will bring you long-term freedom. When that happens, you will be released to experience Joy in much fuller measure. I will share your Joy and multiply it many times over. 

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. ROMANS 8:1 


The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. 
PSALM 126:3 

In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. PSALM 118:5 

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." JOHN 8:36 

from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp.196-197

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016