Daily Thought For April 21, 2014

Endurance


I AM FAITHFUL: I WILL NOT LET YOU BE TEMPTED BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN BEAR. Find comfort and hope in this powerful promise. I know you sometimes feel as if you're at the outer limits of your endurance. Nonetheless, I am present in the midst of your struggles―available to help you. 

Every trial that comes into your life can either strengthen you (if you keep on trusting in My care) or become a temptation to sin (if you choose instead to doubt Me and go your own way). Thus, any difficulty you face becomes a test of your faith. This faith of yours is much more precious than gold, and it grows deeper through the testing process. So your trials contain meaning and purpose. 

When you feel as if your faith is being stretched to the breaking point, it's helpful to remember that what you're experiencing is common to man. You have not been uniquely singled out to endure adversity; suffering is inevitable in a fallen world. The most important thing to remember is that I am faithful-totally worthy of your trust in all situations. I know exactly how much you can bear, and I set limits to your suffering. Do not multiply your trouble by projecting it into the future as if it were endless, for I can relieve or remove it at any moment. Your job is to continue trusting Me in the present, waiting for Me to provide a way out-in My way and timing! As you wait in My Presence, be of good courage. I will strengthen your heart. 

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. ―1 CORINTHIANS 10:13 

That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1 PETER 1:7


Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD! ―PSALM 27:14


from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp.296-297

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016