Daily Thought For June 12, 2019

Hope

1 Peter 1:21: "Through him [Christ] you have come to trust in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are set on God."

But the uncertainty of my future sometimes clouds all hope. 

     Padre Pio's assurance: "A soul who trusts in the Lord and places all its hope in him has nothing to fear. The enemy of our salvation is always around us to snatch from our hearts the anchor that is to lead us to salvation, by which I mean trust in God our Father. Let us keep a firm hold on this anchor and not relinquish it for a single moment." 
     "Hope in God and expect everything that is good from him. Don't dwell on what the enemy presents to you ... stop thinking of it and turn to God. Bend your knee before him and with the greatest humility say this short prayer, 'Have mercy on me a poor weakling.” 
     "I am oppressed by the uncertainty of my future, but I cherish the lively hope of seeing my dreams fulfilled because the Lord cannot place thoughts and desires in a person's soul if he does not really intend to fulfill them, to gratify these longings which he alone has caused." 


Lord, I place all my hope in you, trusting you to lead me every step of the way in fulfilling the dreams and desires you have planted in my soul! Amen. 

from Padre Pio's Words of Hope edited by Eileen Dunn Bertanzetti p.65

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016