Daily Thought For February 3, 2017

A Prayer To Do God’s Will   
   Dear Holy Spirit, my God, teach me to talk well and wisely. Let me avoid useless conversations. Help me to speak often of You. Grant that my words may never hurt people of good will. May my words always bring consolation to those in sorrow, guidance to those who are confused, light to the ignorant, hope to those who despair, comfort to those who are troubled, and good advice to those in need. Take my lips and make them Yours. Take possession of my mind and make it an instrument of Your goodness and a channel of Your truth. I hope to become a person of silence, that is, one who prefers to talk to God rather than to people. In my human conversations, may I always bring You closer to them and them closer to You. Amen. 
from My Daily Bread p.220

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016