Daily Thought For March 28, 2014

God's Amazing Love

     We can never imagine how much God loves us. In order to save us, when we were lost, he sent his only begotten Son so that, in giving up his life, he would redeem us from the state we had fallen into. God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that those who believe in him may not perish, but have eternal life. This very love moves him to give himself to us in a habitual way, dwelling in our soul in grace: If a man has any love for me, he will be true to my word; and then he will win my Father's love, and we will then both come to him, and make our continual abode with him. And he communicates with us in the intimacy of our hearts, both during these periods of prayer and throughout the day. 
     I will serve you, because I came to serve and not to be served. I am a friend; an associate and head, and a brother and sister, and a mother; I am everything, and all I want is an intimate friendship with you. I have become poor for you, a beggar for you, been crucified for you, buried in a sepulcher  for you; in Heaven I intercede before God the Father for you; and on earth I am his ambassador to you. You are everything to me, brother, co-heir, friend and associate. What more do you want? What more could we want? When we contemplate our Lord in each one of the scenes of The Way of the Cross these words easily come to our lips, from the heart: To know that you love me so much, my God, and yet. .. I have not lost my mind.
     There is none like thee, Lord ... so great thou art, so marvelous in thy doings, thou who who alone art God. One of the greatest marvels is the love He has for us. He loves us with a singular and personal love, each one of us separately, in particular. He has never stopped loving us, helping us, protecting us, talking to us ― not even when we have been most ungrateful or committed the most serious sins. It is, perhaps, on such occasions that we have received the most attention from God as in the parables where he wished to express his mercy in a singular way: the lost sheep is the only one carried on the shoulders, the feast is laid on by the father for the one of his sons who has hurt him most, the lost drachma is carefully sought by its owner until she finds it ... God's attention to and his love for us have been constant throughout our lives. He has been aware of all the circumstances and events which we have had to live through. He is beside us in every situation and at every moment. Behold I am with you all through the days that are coming, until the consummation of the world, until the final moments of our lives.    


from In Conversation with God by Francis Fernandez Volume 2 pp.146-147 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016