Daily Thought for June 19, 2019

St. Catherine of Siena On Trusting In God

We worry about our lives ultimately because we do not really trust God. This point, which Jesus makes in the Sermon on the Mount, was echoed in the dialogue God had with St. Catherine of Siena: “Why do you not put your trust in me your Creator? Because your trust is in yourselves. Am I not faithful and loyal to you? Of course I am.… But it seems they do not believe that I am powerful enough to help them, or strong enough to aid and defend them against their enemies, or wise enough to enlighten their understanding, or merciful enough to want to give them what is necessary for their salvation, or rich enough to enrich them, or beautiful enough to give them beauty, or that I have food to feed them or garments to re-clothe them. Their actions show me that they do not believe it.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016