Daily Thought For September 7, 2016

A Great Idea
 
When we run into difficult situations, we often find that family and friends come to our assistance, and that can be a most consoling thing. The brothers and sisters of my community, together with my own family and friends, have made my own difficult experience much more bearable. I will always be grateful to them. 
 
There are, however, times when people are alone. As I look around the nursing home where I am recovering at the moment, I see so many elderly people and even those with illnesses in their late sixties and early seventies, who appear to be terribly alone. It seems so tragic. 
 
Wouldn't it be wonderful if, in our society, it became a custom among Christians to visit one sick person or lonely person in a nursing home or hospital every week? It would turn Sunday morning after Mass into a time of great blessedness. 
 
In my present situation, I am aware that there are so many good people who for one reason or another have no one to support them. Jesus says in the Gospel according to Matthew:  "I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me" (Matthew 25:36). 
 
Putting this into action would be a good resolution to make. 
 
from There Are No Accidents - In All Things Trust In God by Fr. Benedict Groeschel p.116

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022