Daily Thought For July 28, 2016

Beautiful Prayer To Practice Works of Mercy

Help me, O Lord, 
…that my eyes may be merciful, so that I will never be suspicious or judge by appearances, but always look for what is beautiful in my neighbors’ souls and be of help to them;
… that my ears may be merciful, so that I will be attentive to my neighbors’ needs, and not indifferent to their pains and complaints;
… that my tongue may be merciful, so that I will never speak badly of others, but have a word of comfort and forgiveness for all;
… that my hands may be merciful and full of good deeds;
… that my feet may be merciful, so that I will hasten to help my neighbor, despite my own fatigue and weariness;

… that my heart may be merciful, so that I myself will share in all the sufferings of my neighbor”

St. Faustina Kowalksa (Diary 163)

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022