Daily Thought For July 18, 2016

Living By The Spirit

You LIVE BY THE SPIRIT: HE IS THE VERY SOURCE OF YOUR ETERNAL LIFE. When you were dead in trespasses and sins, it was impossible for you to receive Me as Savior. The Holy Spirit had to make you alive before you could respond to Me. So you do quite literally live by the Spirit. 


I want you to go forward along your life-path in step with the Spirit. He will not help you go backward, so beware of seeking refuge in the past. You need to keep moving forward and also to walk in the direction I choose. Moreover, it's vital to pace yourself according to My timing: neither dashing ahead nor lagging behind. The Spirit will help you in all these matters, as you live in reliance on Him. You can engage His help any time, any place-simply by asking. If you find yourself anxiously rushing, pray, "Slow me down, Holy Spirit." If you're uncertain about your direction, ask Him to show you the way. When you don't know how to pray as you should, cry out, "Help me, Holy Spirit!" He will intercede for you with groanings too deep for words. 


The more you seek My Spirit's help and yield to His loving guidance, the better your life will be. As you keep in step with the Spirit, you find yourself walking close to Me. 

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 
GALATIANS 5:25 

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world. 
EPHESIANS 2:1-2 

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. 
PSALM 25:4-5 

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 

ROMANS 8:26 

From Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp. 252-253


Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016