Daily Thought For May 13, 2016

From The Pentecost Novena

Day Eight Receiving the Spirit “Submission” Hebrews 12:9: If we respected our earthly fathers who corrected us, should we not all the more submit to the Father of spirits and live? Romans 5:3-5: More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Meditation: I believe that complete surrender of my life to God is the foundation to serenity. God has prepared for us many mansions. I do not look upon that promise as referring only to the after-life. I do not look upon this life as something to be struggled through in order to get the rewards of the next life. I believe that the kingdom of God has begun within us and we can enjoy eternal life here and now. Prayer for the Day: I come before you on my knees Lord, for I believe in my heart that you raised Jesus from the dead and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord of my life. Lord, you promised that as many as receive you, you give them the power to become children of God, who are born of God. In submission to you, I receive you as Lord, and I pray to be filled continually with your Holy Spirit, through Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022