Daily Thought For November 8, 2015

Striving


TO RECEIVE MY PEACE, YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR GRASPING, CONTROLLING STANCE TO ONE OF OPENNESS AND TRUST. Grasping and controlling are your means of trying to feel safe. However, such an approach actually hurts you and works against you: The more you manipulate and maneuver for control, the more anxious you become. 

Rather than striving for peace of mind through these means, abandon yourself to Me. My hand is the only thing you can grasp without damaging your soul. Let Me help you open your hands and receive all that I have for you. 

What you do with your body can help or hinder what goes on in your soul. When you realize you are grasping for control, become aware of your body language. Intentionally open your hands, releasing your concerns to Me and inviting Me to take charge. Open your heart and mind as well, as you lift your hands to Me. You are now in a good position to receive My many blessings, not the least of which is awareness of My Presence. 

Enjoy the Peace that flows out from Me while you bask in the Light of My Love. Then, when you move back into your activities, consciously grasp My hand in childlike dependence. For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you." 

I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing. 
1 TIMOTHY 2:8 

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 
JOHN 20:19 

Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 
MATTHEW 18:4

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." 
ISAIAH 41:13 


from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp. 156-157

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016