Daily Thought For April 24, 2014

Being Teachable



YOUR PRAYERS ARE NOT CRIES IN THE DARK. On the contrary, they rise to My kingdom of eternal Light. Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things. Mankind has long been plagued with eyes that do not see what is most important. Many people fail to see the most obvious things: I can perform miracles before their very eyes, yet they see only mundane occurrences or―at best―coincidences. Only the eyes of your heart can see spiritual realities. 

One of the things I search for among My children is a teachable attitude. When you come to Me desirous of learning wondrous things which you do not know, I rejoice. A good teacher takes pleasure in a student who really wants to learn, who puts forth extra effort to discover as much as possible. I am the Teacher of teachers, and I delight in your desire to learn amazing, unsearchable things from Me. Your openness to My teaching has a wonderful result: I help you understand at heart level the hope to which I have called you, the riches of My glorious inheritance in which you share. You can look forward to living rapturously with Me in the Holy City, where the Glory of God provides Light. 

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." JEREMIAH 33:3  

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints. EPHESIANS 1:18 

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. PSALM 143:10 

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 
REVELATION 21:23 

from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young pp.106-107

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thought For May 12, 2016

Daily Thought For October 23, 2022